Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Succulant Garden for Grandma

It's a GREEN holiday here in Chicago. In fact today, it's even raining. I can only remember one other green christmas I"ve celebrated, not counting last year when I was in Nashville. It's kind of bizarre. But I definitely remember a few green New Years -- a few years ago Matt and I spent New Years Day at Lincoln park Zoo, and when I lived in Evanston, I remember 2000 by walking along the beach.

Global Warming. I believe it.

But all went really well for the holidays (and we're hosting New Years tonight). I even got some of my garden wishlist items (the outdoor lights and the edgers). And I even got a little bit of gardening by making my grandma a succulant garden for christmas. She didn't want anything but I can't ever be empty handed so I put together this little garden for her to enjoy ... it felt good getting my hands dirty again.

Happy New Year!

No comments: