Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

What do I do now?

Our next door neighbors just sold their house ...

Matt and I are in mourning, not only were our neighbors the greatest people -- seriously, friendly neighbors are a TREASURE, we're lucky if we even get a wave from some people -- but they were avid gardeners who taught us what all our plants were and what to do. She was my gardening guru, my mentor, my teacher, my encyclopedia of information... how am I going to manage the garden without her... help, I'm scared.

Besides the obvious gardening help, they gave us lawn tips, they loaned us their tools (and they have a of of tools), we had nice friendly chats over the short picket fence, she would tie back Jumanji, the killer clematis, for me when he got unruly; we took in each other's garbage cans, her husband even snow blowed our driveway this past winter...

AARRRGGHHH... What are we going to do?

I'm not ready for new neighbors; I'm not ready to be the welcoming neighbor to the new people. This will be a very long summer ...

3 comments:

Carolyn gail said...

I feel for you, Rosemarie.

BTW, thanks for putting me on your blog roll. Have you been visiting the new Chicago Gardener blog of Beth Botts from the Chicago Tribune ?

Carolyn gail said...

I feel for you, Rosemarie.

BTW, thanks for putting Sweet Home and Garden Chicago on your blog roll. Have you been visiting the new Chicago Gardener blog of Beth Botts from the Chicago Tribune ? She's taking reader questions and I've added that feature as well on my blog.

Sissy said...

I am so sorry you are losing someone so fabulous...I have never had a neighbor who shared plants with me. The house next door to me is for sale, on a 2 acre lot!
C'mon out to Ogle county!!!