Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

Update: Fence Garden & Tomatoes

It's now been 1-1/2 months since I planted this garden. I thought it looked especially pretty today, the purple coneflowers (echinecea purpura) is finally starting to bloom despite the lack of sun here (they re-seeded themselves here).


As you know from my previous post, I had to remove the 2 clustered bellflowers (Campanula glomerata); they were getting leggy and falling over and according to come research they shouldn't even need to be staked. So I moved those out. I also moved out my bloody cranesbill geranium. I think they all needed more sun.

My former neighbor told me that the previous owner tried growing things here but failed. It was just too shady, and the other side of the fence gets all the sun. But I think so far I'm doing okay.

Also ... tons of tomatoes! Nothing ripe yet.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Rosemarie - the tomatoes look great! What variety are they again? I'm in the same boat, loads of green ones...

Carolyn gail said...

Hey Rosemarie,

Don't forget to save some of the green ones for Fried Green Tomatoes. Even the Italians love to make Pasta Sauce with them.

Rosemarie said...

That's exactly what I said to my southern husband the night before. Fried green tomatoes coming up!