Pages

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Garden Bloggers Muse Day

I'm 1 day late!!!!! But I only got my inspiration last night when I cam home from work and found my roses decimated by my front door. The reason: Japanese Beetles. I took a photo, but I'll post it tonight when I get home from work. For now, here's my poem.

Japanese beetles
biting, munching, feasting,
tearing apart my roses;

petals falling, flaking, scraggling,
into the periwinkle below;

one, two, three of them,
climbing over each other,

biting, munching, feasting,
tearing apart my roses.

3 comments:

Carolyn gail said...

So sorry to read of your distress over the beautiful roses. Thanks for joining the poetry circle again.

I despise Japanese beetles !

Annie in Austin said...

Very cute, Rosemarie! I see that you left out the group sex - guess you wanted to keep your poem rated G?

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Carol said...

Hi, I have been enjoying your blog and now all your pictures are coming right through with the feed. Thanks! I have been trapping Japanese beetles for the last month. I have caught pounds of them and I think it is helping reduce the damage. Carol