Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Reel Lawn mower

Matt and I bought our reel lawnmower when we moved into our new house. We didn't know anything about it and didn't do our homework. We ended up with one that's really heavy and doesn't adjust height.

So now we're looking for a new one (our old one will be going on Freecycle) and I've found these 2. Have any of you tried or have one of these and can recommend them? We liked the Sunlawn because the adjust height is so much greater.

Brill Lexus 38 vs. Sunlawn MM2

8 comments:

Avocados said...

We have this Scotts Classic
http://www.cleanairgardening.com/scotclasreel.html

We love it. It is height adjustable, light weight and does a great job on our very uneven, mostly weeds yard. And it wasn't even very expensive.

Sissy said...

You can have your front yard done like Wrigley Field, Rosemarie!!
I would love to take the old one off your hands, but it's a big 2 acres when you have to push mow it!!

Gina said...

rosemarie - i can't help you with picking one other than having a manual mower called a "lexus" seems fun ;)

keep us posted on which you choose and how you like it. I'm planning to get one some day and I'll be sure to take advantage of all your research and test drives.

kate said...

Good for you for not getting a gas or electric mower. I remember way back as a child, when I loved pushing my father's rusty old lawnmower. The handles may have been rusty, but boy the blades were sharp.

I can't help you out because I don't have any grass to cut. I got rid of it all and planted flowers instead ...

Sissy said...

With all this rain and the Cubs on at night, you must have made your purchase, this week??!!

Rosemarie said...

we haven't bought it yet. Matt is leaning towards the Sunlawn despite a few people telling us they like the Scott's. I'll keep ya posted!

Sissy said...

Hope you aren't flooded, Rose...Let us know how you are!

Rosemarie said...

Sissy - We didn't get flooded! Our battery backup took care of any water - thanks for asking! Hope you were alright?