Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Memo to Maple Tree

To: Huge Maple Tree
Date: November 9, 2007
Re: Green Leaves
------------------------------

Dear Maple Tree,

I went outside today and saw that you were still sporting the green leaves. Love the look, but I just wanted to remind you that it's November 9th and, while I know you're not a follower, all the other trees have gone ahead and started to change colors. Some of them are already dropping their leaves: Anderson dropped them all in October -- although we know he's an overachiever.

And while I know that technically, I'm not your supervisor. Your work tends to get into my area causing major backup in my production leaf gathering schedule. Plus the weather's getting cold, so it would be great to have this all done by next weekend. Plus, the other guys are thinking you're kind of a bit of a show off, you are the grandest of them all. And with being grand, means lot of leaves for yours truly.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work,

Rosemarie

1 comment:

Carol said...

I'm guessing that's your neighbor's tree? Looks like you'll be raking leaves into December at the rate that tree is changing leaves.