Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Grrr, Smith & Hawken

I just smallowed a bitter pill - watch out!

I've been eyeing this bench for ages. But at $399, I thought it was pricey, but I love the "look."For Christmas, my aunt and uncle gave me a $100 gift card to S&H and I've been debating whether or not to get the bench... I would still have to pay $300, so I've been teeter-tottering.

Now I just went on-line and they've raised the price of this bench to $449. Do they think I wouldn't notice?! $50? I wish my salary would increase by this percent. Nope, instead we just went through a series of layoffs and I'll most-likely be out of a job before the summer hit. And I'm sure my company got some huge tax breaks to help the economy. Me? I'll probably get that stupid $1200 which they hope I'll spend out there .... like, say at Smith & Hawken.

Nope.Won't do it. Oh well. So long bench.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Rosemarie, that's an awesome bench! I've been watching Oprah and buying into this whole "laws of positive attraction" business. So, if the experts are right all you'll need to do is mentally decide the bench is yours and start thinking of it and it will come to you. Good luck!