Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reminiscing

I spent some time reading my old garden posts and I learned a lot. For instance, I learned that I was a lot funnier when I didn't know a lot about gardening.

I could crack a joke with just about anything I did outside. Now that I'm coming into my 4th year of gardening (well, maybe 3, I can't count that first year where I was gardening with blinders on), can I still call my monstrous clematis Jumanji? Can I joke yet again about the Native Plant sale and it's eerie similarity to the Filene's Basement Wedding Dress Sale? And we're running out of things to demolish so I can write about my grandpa.

But I shouldn't react too soon. It's the beginning of a new season and who knows the sorts of shenanigans (to quote Juno) that I can get into. After all, I do have a watering fountain to set up and lord knows I have no idea how to do that.

I'm hoping for a productive, yet entertaining season.

1 comment:

Annie in Austin said...

Oh, Rosemarie - I went back to the swingset post and cracked up at your WASP not knowing how to smash things. Like your Dad, Philo has an inborn knack for it ;-]

There's no danger of you not being funny!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose