On the 15th, I was toe-tapping because my daffodils finally bloomed and I had something to post for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day. Three days later, after a little bit of sun and some 70 degree days, I went outside to find everything finally poking out underneath the mottled, shredded leaves I call mulch.
So for my own diary purposes, here's the list of plants coming up now:
My pulmonaria are pretty sad. Last year like now therer wee waves of these guys all in bloom. This year just a few small plants have emerged and some have bloomed.
Only 1 of my 2 native columbines have appeared this year. They are also 2 years old and I heard that they are short-lived but should re-seed. Alas, they haven't yet.
I bought 2 lady's mantle at the end of last summer and they are both coming back really nice. I love their foliage.
Also coming up are:
- hostas are just showing their "fingers"
- daylilly foliage
- bleeding heart foliage (both luxurient and formosa)
- astilbe foliage is emerging
- oakleaf hydrangea is in bud
- the tulips all have their buds ready
- the hyacinths are beginning to turn color