Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring clean up ... a necessity in many ways

It's been 70 degrees for the last 2 days and apparently that was 'nuff for the plants to stretch out their legs and bask in the glory that is ... ahem, "Spring."

I am crossing my finger for:
  • no more cold
  • no more snow
  • no more errant 40 degree days... wait, that would fall under cold.
I need this warm weather so I can finish my spring cleaning outside. Yep, I have not finished. This is latest I have ever waited. I did about 1/2 the yard 2 weekends ago when we were blessed with a teaser of a 60 degree weekend; then last weekend I tried to brave it but my fingers became frozen and my nose began to run which prompted a bundled up me to run inside the house and make Matt turn on the fireplace.

So this weekend, I have to get this done so I can move on with the rest of my life -- which right now consists of working, dreaming about work, popping pepto bismal tablets because of irritable stomach caused by work. On the other hand, I have to get this done if only for the simple pleasure of de-stressing with a large pair of shears.

Thank god for my garden!

1 comment:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

You said it! There's nothing like viciously cutting back dead stems & uprooting weeds for soothing the workday tired spirit. Somehow I managed to get all (well, almost all) my spring garden cleanup done & did most of it at my mom's this week. Where's that heating pad when I need it?