Pages

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Trillium & Tulips

Since last week's plant sales, it has been so cold I 've been forced to store my plants in the garage. I was worried that it would be too dark in there for them -- or that they might miss me -- so I went to check on them last night and the White Trillium has bloomed!

Matt was so nice he told me, "You must be a Master gardener now, you can even get plants to bloom in a garage!"

On another note, we had a good laugh over the "cute little row of tulips" I planted along the fence (which I thought would never even bloom). I must have had some delusions of grandeur when I planted this because it turned out looking like a line-up. My mom came to visit and we had a good laugh as she pretended to shoot them with her machine-gun fingers - ta ta ta ta ta.But Matt told me that he thinks they are lovely ... thanks honey! And kisses to you, we met each other 7 years ago today!

4 comments:

Shady Gardener said...

I am very jealous of you and MMD with your plant sales! Hmmm. Oh, well. I have lots to do and lots to plant, too. ;-) Happy planting!

Shady Gardener said...

I went "plant shopping" with a friend today. Talked her into purchasing a Brunnera! I think she already had your "Jack Frost." I love both of them... my Heartleaf is now 3 years old and is blooming like Crazy! ;-)

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I like your Tulip "lineup;" "it was the pink one right there that stole my car, I'd recognize it anywhere." :^) So far I've managed to get only 1 of the plants from the sale into the ground. I'm waiting for the next cloudy day.

Shady Gardener said...

I have a "cute row of tulips" this spring, too! ha. My only defense is that I was trying to cover the tulips with hardware cloth... hopefully to defend them against marauding striped gophers, etc.

I was really happy to discover my landscaping blueprint. It consists mainly of bushes, but it does give me names of a couple of hosta, also! (I've begun mapping my flower beds and recording all the plantings they hold so far. I'm nearly finished... quite an undertaking, but I'm really glad to be doing it!)