Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Garden Blogger Bloom Day: June 2008

It's inevitable that I'm always late posting to GBBD, but this time I have a good excuse: I was in Florida!

With regards to the garden, my only instruction to Matt was, "Please water the vegetables and the pots." Other than that, he was off-duty on the garden. And oh boy ... one week away and several rain showers a day means the garden (i.e. the weeds) will play.Check out the weeds between the stepping stones.

I came home to a weed explosion. If GBBD included weeds, then I would have a list from here to wazoo. Slowly but surely I am pulling them out, section by section, and don't they cower in fear when they see me. They had it on easy street when Matt was in charge.

So back to GBBD. On this lovely day in June, I have the following in bloom:

Backyard Fence Garden:
Coral Bells
The wild geranium was in bloom early June (just missed it)

Backyard Triangle Garden:
Clustered Bellflower (Campanula glomerata)
Cranesbill geranium 'Max Frei'
A yellow plant I MUST have planted but I have no idea what it is.


Side Yard:
Japanese Spirea



Front yard Shared Garden:
Oxeye daisies (I actually just pulled them out too)
Dianthus
Daylillies 'stella d'oro'
Catmint

Front yard Woodland Garden:
Fringed Bleeding Heart
Coral Bells
Hosta (I don't remember the name of it, it's my huge one)
Oakleaf Hydrangea (not fully bloomed yet)
Roses (although katydids have taken over)

1 comment:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Could your mystery yellow flower be a Hypericum? I don't grow them so I'm not that familiar with them. Even if you had been home, you'd still be behind on the weeding. We had so much rain every day for a while that it was impossible to be out long enough to get them b4 more sprouted. Welcome back to nice weather now.