Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day: March 2009

It's been a while since I've posted on Garden Blogger's Bloom Day (or posted or read Garden blogs for that matter -- it appears that I am like a plant, I lay dormant over the winter).

Today and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's -- a miracle in the making -- so I hobbled (I jammed/broke my toe) out to clean out some of the plants and stumbled (literally) onto some blooms.

I have 2 patches of snowbells in my Kitchen Garden, that have been coming up faithfully since I moved in (planted by previous owners). In this photo you can see some bulb leaves starting to erupt as well.
Other bits of green starting to pop up --
  • tulip leaves along the fence
  • sedum
  • iris leaves (which I think stay evergreen under 4' of snow, so maybe they don't count).
And here's another, albeit, not a bloom, but something discovered in the yard. A Hawk -- and a lovely one too.


Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for Garden Blogger's Bloom Day.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, lovely hawk, and no one else has one...lol

Spring is coming...up from the south

queerbychoice said...

What great shots of the hawk!

HappyMouffetard said...

I love the hawk.
The green shoots are appearing - spring is on its way!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

How cool, a hawk! Could you tell whether it's a Cooper's or a Red Tail? They eat mice & baby bunnies - I love hawks. You've got a cute little clump of Snowdrops. I never tire of seeing them.

Theresa/GardenFreshLiving.com said...

I wish I could "grow" a hawk in my garden! You seem so close to it. Wow! That makes for a cool walkabout in the garden!