Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Garden classes

Spring is here! And with it comes a whole new slew of gardening classes at the Arboretum. Unfortunately so many I wanted to take are during the day during the week (doesn’t anyone work?!), but I managed to find 2 classes to take.

Late Spring Plants – one of the required classes for the Home Gardening certificate

The Art of Espalier – I saw a tree growing in my favorite Arb's reading garden in Espalier style and fell in love. I have some pretty bare walls alongside my house and I think it would be so fun to train a tree to grow espalier style against it! It also helps when your house is practically on your lot line on one side and your neighbor is only about 5’ away from you on the other!

My Saturdays in May are now officially filled!

2 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I wish I had time to take that espalier class - I really need it. It sounds like you'll be taking a couple of great classes.

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

I've often wondered that about gardens, too--why so many classes and volunteer opps are during the day. I guess the reality is, a lot of people get interested in gardening after they retire... or are just lucky enough not to have to work day jobs!