Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

3 more days until the Native Plant Sale

I wait for this all year … the chance to get up early and wait in line freezing my patooties off, only to get trampled on once the doors open as if we were teenagers getting the Jonas Brothers autographs; this is what I can only imagine an anarchistic society must be like, as people lose all ability to look where they’re going, grab plants as if it was a looted store, and run their American Flyers over your toes like they're in that grocery shopping spree TV show.

I stand by my analogy that this is the Filene’s Basement Wedding Dress Sale of the plant world.

I get all stressed out between my list and spots of green left on the tables and the twigs on the floor… but I love it and I always go back.

It’s like a bad boyfriend.

And it’s supposed to be in the 70’s so, for once, I will not have freezing patooties.

A look at past Plant Sales – 2006 2007 2008

4 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I love these kind of sales, even as I hate them. They have such interesting goodies. Our local native plant sale isn't until the 1st Saturday in May. I hope I can make it this year.

Tyler Allison said...

See you there! My wife has her list.

Becca's Dirt said...

Hello Rosemarie. This is my first visit to your blog. You have a nice blog and I'll be back for some of those photos from the plant sale. Have a nice day. Becca

MrBrownThumb said...

Hi Rosemarie,

I feel like going just so I can take pictures of gardeners elbowing each other and post it to YouTube.

:0)