Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Garden Bloggers Muse Day

I haven't written a muse in LONG TIME. But Sunday's snow prompted it and I hope to write more (I love poetry!)


Ode to a Snowy March Day

there is no way,
is there,
that snow might not fall,
fall on my daffodils
just rising up
through mottled leaves
and wind blown twigs.

there is no way,
is there,
that March could be
out like a lamb,
sun beams kissing the ground
breathing life where once
it was brown.So why does it snow
every March,
that twisted month of
sunshine rays and light breezes,
suddenly turns with flakes of white
to freeze my snowbells
in place like statues.

Knowing only well,
it will all be melted
by sundown.

8 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Yes, I've asked that same question. The only answer I can come up with is that March has a sick and twisted sense of humor. Happy April!

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

I guess you'd have to move somewhere warmer to avoid the midwestern tease of spring!

Muum said...

great poem! found you at Carolyn's muse day ...

Anna said...

Thanks for your lovely GBMD poem which I really enjoyed. Over this side of the pond March did go out like a lamb with mild dry weather and no wind - bliss :)

Carolyn gail said...

That's so wonderful, Rosemarie. You're a gifted poet. Thanks for contributing to our poetry circle.

Hey, the word for verification is "backin"-that means you are back in the Muse Day celebration.

Naturegirl said...

Well done! I sure hope that sunny skies and warm Spring temps..hit you soon!:)NG

donna said...

Writing your own muse....I'm impressed...and enjoyed it very much. I want a garden bench like yours...only I want mine to say Donna's Garden.

Debbie said...

How are your seedlings doing? Some of mine are so big I'm wondering if I didnt start them too soon. I dont want them to just be leggy.