Pages

Saturday, April 04, 2009

My seedlings, or lack thereof

Debbie had asked me how my seedlings were doing - ones I started sowing last month, approximately 3 weeks ago.

Well, I guess I did something wrong because out of all the seeds I planted -- and I mean there were a lot, all gathered from my sister-in-laws garden -- only 2 little seedlings have emerged from the soil so far.

Click on photo to see tiny seedlings
Both of the tiny seedlings come from Gaillardia x grandiflora 'FanFare'. At Rob's Plants, he saw them germinating after 6-8 days in a bagging at 70F.

3 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Hmm, I wonder if they needed more bottom heat or more moisture. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to seed starting. I'm sorry about your disappointment.

Debbie said...

How disappointing!!! My little rubbermaid under the bed storage container has made a great little green house. Did you have yours covered for retaining moisture? I did have my container on a table with a small electric heater under it. You still have time to try again!

angie said...

I got 5 Fanfares sprouted. I think you want them barely covered in dirt. The ones where I just took one seed and barely stuck it down in the dirt did the best. They were not covered at all either.