Some of these photos were taken before 5/15, but they bloomed between 4/15 & 5/15 so they deserve a tip of the hat.
Clockwise from top left:
- Celandine Poppy (or wood poppy -- 4th year and re-seeding all over my native garden and beyond)
- Virgina Bluebells -- in front yard garden
- Jacob's Ladder -- 4th year and getting larger and full of blooms (they are starting to fade now)
- Brunnera macrophylla "Looking glass" -- 2nd year and awesome looking.
- Dicentra Luxeriant - the fringed bleeding heart. 4th year in front yard and still small, but still blooming
- A robin taking a bath in the bird bath
- A pink crabapple - technically not my tree but sits on my property line so I've adopted it.
- White crabapple -- what I see when I look out the front door (see below)
- Korean spice Viburnum
- Dicentra formosa - the regular bleeding heart. The old owners left me 2 of them and they are enormous, flopping over from the weight of their hearts.
Not in photo:
- tulips (see previous post), pulmonaria, hyacinths, jack-in-the-pulpit (I've got to get a photo posted of this, 1st year blooming and so cool!)