Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day: May 09

Who doesn't love May!? It's when the magic starts to happen. Thanks to Carol @ May Dreams Gardens, as always, for Blooms Day.

Some of these photos were taken before 5/15, but they bloomed between 4/15 & 5/15 so they deserve a tip of the hat.

Clockwise from top left:
  • Celandine Poppy (or wood poppy -- 4th year and re-seeding all over my native garden and beyond)
  • Virgina Bluebells -- in front yard garden
  • Jacob's Ladder -- 4th year and getting larger and full of blooms (they are starting to fade now)
  • Brunnera macrophylla "Looking glass" -- 2nd year and awesome looking.
  • Dicentra Luxeriant - the fringed bleeding heart. 4th year in front yard and still small, but still blooming
  • A robin taking a bath in the bird bath
  • A pink crabapple - technically not my tree but sits on my property line so I've adopted it.
  • White crabapple -- what I see when I look out the front door (see below)
  • Korean spice Viburnum
  • Dicentra formosa - the regular bleeding heart. The old owners left me 2 of them and they are enormous, flopping over from the weight of their hearts.

Not in photo:
  • tulips (see previous post), pulmonaria, hyacinths, jack-in-the-pulpit (I've got to get a photo posted of this, 1st year blooming and so cool!)

7 comments:

MrBrownThumb said...

Hi Rosemarie,

I love the template you've chosen for the blog. Really nice. Your front path is pretty awesome, I'd love to see that every time I open my front door.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

That white Crabapple is stunning!
I deadhead my Celadine Poppies, because if I didn't, I'd have nothing but them. I do love them though, for their size and lovely sunny blooms.

Ginger said...

I'd claim that crabapple too! Wow!

Carol said...

What a stunning pathway with that jewel of a crabapple! Brava!

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Rosemarie,

I must say, absolutely beautiful. I especially love the Virgina Bluebells. Thanks for sharing these photos.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Gardening Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff

Northern Shade said...

That photo of the flowering crabapple over the front walkway is something special. All the green around, and white blossoms overhead make a beautiful frame for the path.

Caroline said...

That crabapple is absolutely breathtaking.