Pages

Friday, May 01, 2009

Garden Blogger's Muse Day -- May 1

Sung to the melody of Matchmaker Matchmaker - made famous by Fiddler on the Roof.


Plant Sale, Plant Sale,
Find me a Tree,
Make it the best
Height 'bout Twenty,

Plant Sale, Plant Sale,
Find me a Tree,
And Make it a Spring Bloomer.


Plant Sale, Plant Sale,
No dropping seeds,
Nothing too short,
Very sturdy.

Plant sale, Plant Sale,
If you succeed,
I'll pay up to thirty bucks.

For me .... Make it lovely to look at,
For Matt ... don't drain the account,

For us... make it something we'll love for 15 plus years!

(start back at the beginning)


Alas, I didn't make it to the Native Plant Sale because I went a little crazy at the Arboretum Sale where I picked up this lovely tree to replace the Cherry/Plum with black-knot in the front.Not the actual tree - mine is about 1/4 of the size

Butterfly Magnolia (Magnolia x butterflies)
For Matt, because he's from the South



4 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Oh, that's a beauty! Believe it or not, I forgot about the Morton Arboretum plant sale until the Sunday, when it was too late to find anything worth buying.
I like your new blog look, it's elegant.

Carol said...

I love the beautiful branches on your blog! The magnolia is going to delight you every spring. Good choice!

garden girl said...

Just beautiful Rosemarie - what a great choice!

Annie in Austin said...

What a cool tree, Rosemarie! I have fond memories of those Morton arboretum plant sales.

The Abraham Cowley quote in your sidebar is one of my favorites although it looks as if small house & small garden is our destiny.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose