Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Reseeding Columbines


Okay, I'm loving this collage feature- can you tell?

I know that Columbines are short-lived perennials that re-seed. That said, I've only planted one columbine in my yard and that is the photo on the top right -- Aquilegia canadensis, native colmbine. I planted this in 2006 (I'm not even sure if this is the original plant or a seedling?). But all the other ... they've just reseeded in my yard from wherever.

The 2 on the bottom (the pink and magenta ones with the more elongated petals) are on the side of the house by the rain barrel. Last year they were just clumps of petals, this year they have sprouted and are gorgeous!

The other purple ones are in the backyard and have some from the other side of the fence where they've been re-seeding from god knows where.

Again -- let's here it for FREE PLANTS!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Rosemarie---did you see the college's Columbines....absolutely beautiful! They are by the bookstore entrance if you know where that is.