Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Absent

Fall clean up is done. We were blessed with unseasonably warm weather this weekend (usually we get our first snow), so we took advantage to finish up all the leaf raking, mulching, and composting.

I’ve definitely been absent this season, both in the garden and on my blog. It was a difficult one for my husband and I. We suffered two miscarriages (June & October) and that has really put a damper on my spirits, not to mention that while I was in early pregnancy I was hesitant to do any garden work. So spring cleanup was late this year, and we thought Fall cleanup would look the same … but lo and behold, beautiful weather. Just for us.

5 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things get better for you now. It was a fabulous weekend. After all the rain of October, I feel like I have to be out every day now trying to get done things that should have been done a month ago.

Ginger said...

I'm very sorry for your losses. We're going through similar problems and I know the toll it can take on every other area of your life. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Becca's Dirt said...

I am sorry to hear that honey. I hope that things will turn around for you both. You and hubby are in my prayers. Glad you are having good weather. We will after Tropical System Ida vacates out area.

garden girl said...

I'm so sorry Rosemarie. Although I haven't experienced a miscarriage myself, I have a relative who's had multiple miscarriages. Being close to her, I have a sense of how hard it must be, and as Ginger said, how it can take a toll on every other area of one's life.

I'm sure you've gotten lots of well-meaning advice. I don't mean to overstep, and realize the causes of miscarriage can be very individual, and often difficult if not impossible to determine. Just want to share that our relative went for tests after the last miscarriage (tests were inconclusive.) But with the next pregnancy she went on progesterone for 12 weeks and a baby aspirin a day until 2 weeks before the due date. There's no way to know if either or both of those helped solve the cause(s) of her previous miscarriages, but she's now 6 mos. along with a healthy pregnancy. I hope there's a solution that may prove of similar value in making your baby dreams come true.

Benjamin Vogt said...

Very sorry for you guys, I can't imagine. I found out last year that my mom had a few before and after my birth--I was the miracle, apparently. Late comment by me here, but I hope you are doing well after the holidays.