Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

My plant wish list for next year

I've been looking through Tracy DiSabato-Aust's (what a cool name) new book and now have a whole new list of plants for the garden! Most of these don't look like the kind I can get at the average garden center so I might have to do some investigatory work. Good thing it's November!
  • Dwarf Rocky Mountain Fir -- if I can find the right spot
  • Paperbark Maple -- as a possible replacement for diseased plum tree
  • Spiny Bear breeches
  • Purple Snakeroot
  • Blue False Indigo
  • 'Golden Heart' Bleeding Heart
  • 'Brilliance' autumn fern
  • Indian pink

5 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I love the look of Acanthus, but I'm afraid to try it. It might be too spiny. I have been longing for Indian Pink for quite a while. It's such a stunning plant. If you do get Baptisia, makes sure you give it plenty of room. I didn't realize how wide it could get, and they are next to impossible to move once rooted.

Tracy DiSabato-Aust said...

Rosemarie, just a note to say good luck with your pregnancy and your new plants:)So glad you have found some you like--all great choices!! Don't forget to read about Thalictrum 'Elin' which was tested at the Chicago Bot. Garden. Happy Holidays. Tracy DiSabato-Aust

tyziana said...

Hi Rosemarie!
I am a new blogger, mine I have founded ago only him a week and I write together to other friends that share with me the passion of the gardening.
I have happened in your blog through the Fairgarden, and I find it very nice and interesting. I like the sculptures that use to put in garden, I adore the gallinelles and I am starting a small collection.
Very nice some foreshortenings that I have seen from your photos, will read now with calm that I have found you.
Thanks!
Tiziana

garden girl said...

Hi Rosemarie, I added Indian Pink to the garden this year and loved it - found it at Gethsamane on the north side. Fingers crossed it makes it through the winter!

I love Tracy's books - my husband gifted a couple of them to me a few Christmases ago and I refer to them often.

Baptisias are so easy to start from seeds - a friend gave me a few and I started them in August - hope they're substantial enough to survive the winter!

123 123 said...

Nice article as for me. I'd like to read a bit more about that topic. Thnx for sharing that info.
Joan Stepsen
Wise geek