Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Back on Track

It's hard to get motivated when snow blankets the yard, the temps dip below freezing, and you tell yourself, "It's only January." But it's never a bad time to continue my garden classes at the Arboretum. I took a break from classes last summer, but now I feel ready and energized to finish my "home gardening" certificate.

February classes: Design Characteristics of Plants (and I'm waitlisted for Pruning Small Trees and Shrubs)

I miss my garden, but taking comfort in the fact that I'm "growing" something else just as inspiring.

6 comments:

Debbie's Garden said...

Morton Arboretum has SO many classes, but I've never taken any there. You'll have to post on it!

Ginger said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I'm impressed you're dealing with that and still finding any time/motivation to garden!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I wish I lived closer to the arboretum. I took a couple of classes when I lived in Bartlett, and they were wonderful. Congratulations! Gardening while pregnant is interesting. Fortunately, you'll be at your most ungainly while the garden is just waking up. I remember those days, cleaning the mud off the baby monitor...

garden girl said...

Congratulations Rosemarie! I'm SO happy for you. Best wishes on a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Our new granddaughter is due in 3 weeks - we are very excited!

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

I love garden classes in the winter and spring.. very inspiring but indoors and warm usually!

Ps - I'm sure you know this but red raspberry leaf tea is excellent for drinking while pregnant.

kate smudges said...

Rosemarie, this is wonderful news! I am so glad for you and Matt. Taking gardening classes is a great way to spend time while awaiting spring. I remember fondly gardening with my son when he was a baby.