Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Arboretum Plant Sale 2010

Arboretum Plant Sale ... la la la... plants plants plants ... la la la...

Sounds like I sung this tune before?

The colorful fold-out brochure arrives just in time, as the snow melts to reveal brown leaves and dying grass. How can a girl resist buying some plants as a much needed pick-me-up?

Wish List this year:

Pee Wee Oak Leaved Hydrangea (Hydrangea quercifolia 'Pee Wee') -- I am in love with Oak-Leaved Hydrangeas. I have a large one at my doorstep, and a smaller one I just bought at last year's sale ('Little Honey'). This one will be the trifecta.

Chocoholic Bugbane (Cimicifuga 'chocoholic') -- I have nothing like this and am interested in darker foliage shade plants.

Alumroot Autumn bride (Heuchera villosa 'Autumn Bride') -- Heucheras do well in my yard, although I don't have the species villosa. Again, another great shade plant, this one with autumn interest.

1 comment:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

That Chocoholic Bugbane is very tempting, but I already have 3 other Actaea cultivars. (Do I really need a third? Possibly.) I'm disappointed that they aren't offering 'Little Honey' again this year. I was planning on buying two more, now that I have the garden space prepared for them.