Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Seeds for the summer

I've never bought seeds to plant -- 5 years in the garden and I've never sown my own seeds. Unless you count the freebie packets I get that I dump aimlessly in my garden?

But these weren't freebies, I actually went out and bought 2 packets of seeds. Go me!

Lupine
-I liked the spiky aspect and that these were recommended as a good replacement for purple loosestrife. I plant on planting them in my perennial garden behind the overgrown daylillies (where I pulled out the loosestrife).
Moonflower
- My mom had this growing up a trellis when I was young and I loved the idea of plant that flowers when I get home from work. I plan on planting this against the outside of the screen porch, so we can enjoy it when we have a glass of wine in the evening.

2 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I planted moonflowers a couple of years ago. It grew so fast that it reminded me of the kudzu that is taking over the south! The flowers were gorgeous!

Ingela said...

Never heard about moonflowers, must look over here if i can get a hold of a plant.

Happy easter!
Ingela