Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Personal Garden: Charleston, SC

Since I haven't been doing much in my yard this summer, I wanted to share someone else's garden with you all.

------------------------

Last September, my husband and I (along with his parents) visited Charleston and the home of my mother-in-law's cousin. He's one of the fortunate few to have one of the stately, 100+ year old homes in the historic downtown. I was in love with the architecture and charm of the house, but moreover I was enchanted by the side garden, the hardscapes, and the southern plants that make these gardens truly unique (especially to a Chicagoan).

Here are a few pictures of this personal garden in Charleston. Enjoy!




this path leads to his art studio - this would inspire me to work everyday!





3 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

What a beautiful place. I love the walkway too. Very peaceful.

garden girl said...

Gorgeous Garden - thanks for sharing the photos from your visit Rosemarie. I haven't been to Charleston, but it's definitely on my list of magical places I'd like to visit one day.

Kati said...

Gorgeous. "Not my yard" was fun to visit!