Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Chicago Flower & Garden Show


 I've been gardening since 2005 and this is my first trip to the Garden Show ... I guess I decided to wait until I had a baby to go. Maybe I thought it would be more fun wielding a stroller through garden designs and crazy vendor stalls? 

For the record, it's not.


Good thing I went with help -- my mom & my husband -- and after the show we had a nice brunch at Prairie Fire. It's always good to end everything with brunch.



This shrub is from an installation that highlighted so many interesting conifers. There were so many it was hard to take it all in and no picture I took did it justice.  I am in dire need of evergreen in my garden and I'm looking forward to visiting this nursery in the spring, when I'm out trolling for some shade-tolerant conifers.

For more photos (not a lot), click here.
 

4 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Let me know when you're going to Rich's, I'll join you. The display gardens there are wonderful, but be warned, it's easy to go conifer crazy.

garden girl said...

Rich's had one of my favorite displays at the show, as usual. One of these days I'll make the trek up north to do some shopping there. We have a row of sorry arborvitaes that are long past their prime. Rich's has such a wonderful selection of conifers, far beyond what we can find around here.

Glad you got to see the show - sorry I missed you there - it would have been fun to run into each other, and I'd love to have seen your little guy in person!

Christine Stark said...

I can relate about the stroller stuff!! My boys were just 13 months apart in age and both in strollers at one point. We ventured out to the garden show last year and enjoyed all the blooms in the middle of March!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I wanted to email you in regards in any possible advertising opportunities you may have with your website. I'm looking to earn support for a national cause and get visibility for the "plant 1 billion trees" project. Shoot me an email back and let me know if you would be interested at all in supporting this cause or if you want more information on it. I look forward to talking to you soon!

Nerissa
nerdbarry@gmail.com