Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

The helpful opposum, or squirrel, or rabbit, or...

Along our fence, our neighbor's Anabelle Hydrangeas have moved into our yard. We're not complaining at all because we love them, but it's killed most of the grass beneath leaving it the perfect breeding ground for shady weeds. 

So I decided last year to build a garden bed beneath.  Now all I have to do is decide what size the bed shall be and carve it out ...

Wait! What is this? Someone already did the work for me!?

It looks like an animal on the prowl for the bugs in our lawn has pretty much outlined my garden bed. Now, the question is, does he also design patios and walkways??

4 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I just wish the squirrels would dig up weeds instead of my plants.

Sissy said...

Oh, boy! Looks like you have a mole and/or vole! You need a small ratting dog, like I've got! Check your yard for abandoned tunnels cause they leave ankle breaking depressions, Rosemarie! I would hate for you to be running around with your little Mister and fall in one and twist your ankle!

Rosemarie said...

Sissy - I did come across a grub when I was digging this out so I am sure that's why this is all dug up (lunch is in there for a hungry animal).

Christine Stark said...

The mystery of the critters happens in my garden as well. Something nibbles the tops clean off some of my bushes and I don't think it can be those nasty wabbits. We don't have deer and live in a fairly new development with very few trees or squirrels. It's always a mystery. I can relate!