Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day: May 2011

Happy Bloom Day!

Visit May Dreams Garden for more Blooms

This month I'm posting 2 blooms that are brand new to my garden and of which I am very excited to have.


I found this white bleeding heart at the big box store last year (June?) where it stood all alone among your typical big box store plants. With the arrival of the baby, I was in love with everything white and fresh and new so I promptly scooped this plant up, happily planting it in my backyard.

Wish there were more at the bottom but it became food for the rabbits every year.


This is my variegated pagoda dogwood - Golden Shadows® Cornus alternifolia 'W. Stackman' - planted as a baby in 2008 (and seen in 2009 here). It's turned into a lovely 'tree' but this year for the first time, it is going to flower. Or at least it has the semblance of something "flowery."  

And this guy is new too ... I thought it was a chipmunk scurrying into the lily of the valley, but nope, a toad.

2 comments:

scottweberpdx said...

Love those white Bleeding Hearts...they are so pristine-looking, especially lovely in spring!

Colleen said...

Wow! A toad! I'll have to watch for him. The rabbits this year have been terrible about eating everything. The other morning I threw the newspaper at one of them because I am so frustrated. Your bleeding heart and variegated dogwood are beautiful!!!