Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Goodbye after 6 good years!

I have been writing my garden blog since 2006 -- one year after which we bought a snow-covered house that erupted in a sea of green in the spring time. I thought a garden blog would be a fantastic way to chronicle my gardening adventures and learn about my "new" pastime.

It bloomed for the first time in 5 years

It has definitely been both and I've enjoyed writing this blog and reading about others' gardens. I've learned so much about gardening, and my forced-upon-me "pastime" became a true hobby of love.

A rare occurrence these days ... me in the yard
 Then in July 2010, I had a baby boy and all of a sudden I found that I didn't have much time to garden, let alone write about it (or visit any one else's blog for that matter). So as the season winds down, so do I.
Already a love of plants
It's been a great 6 years.

Over and out
 Thanks to everyone who have read and enjoyed my blog, I wish you all "Happy Gardening!"

4 comments:

garden girl said...

Your garden blog will be missed Rosemarie! Those little ones sure can be life, and priority-changing.

Your little guy is such a handsome tike!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

It was a delight to read your blog and watch your garden progress. I understand your decision (yes, I vaguely remember when my kids were babies & toddlers). Enjoy these special days.

Benjamin Vogt said...

Cheerio! Just don't forget to get out and garden--hope it comes back for ya.

Sissy said...

Rosemarie, we are on opposite ends of the motherhood yardstick, and I am wishing I was at the beginning again. Being a mom is the most important gift you will ever be given. You understand this and rightly put the family first. I hope you can treasure every moment, they slip by so incredibly quickly.