Pages

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Flagstone walkway inspiration

My previous post shows the flagstone walkway we just put in around our new vegetable area. You may have noticed a green pot sitting in the middle of the walkway. That wasn't a mistake (although the actual green pot may not be what we use in the end).

My inspiration for this walkway with the vase came from the Herb Gardens at the Janesville, WI Rotary Gardens. I visited these with my mom and the kids over the summer and was taken with the 3 small Herb Gardens that were flagstone walkways flanked with low lying herbs. The walkways expanded out and in the center was a vase filled with plants, or a statue. It was a lovely focal point and I wanted to emulate that look.

Here are some of the photos.








1 comment:

Ela said...

So lovely to see beautiful garden :)